Saturday, December 31, 2005

Must Read Posts for the New Year

After finishing my solemn public promise to finish my book, which is, in fact an issue of overcoming a unhealty internalization that I cannot do it, I discovered these two blog entries that everyone must read before the New Year:


Random, Incomplete Thoughts on Family, Expectations and Education: Lauren at Feministe writes a stunning piece on completing her degree, and the pain and power of low expectations for teenage mothers. Lauren is, by far, one of the coolest blog personalities out there. This post confirms my belief that she is one of the smartest and admirable persons out there too.

Why I Am a Feminist: Scott at Lawyers, Guns, and Money, writes an absolutely stunning follow up too Lauren's post, wherein he describes his journey to feminism that takes off from a meditation on his mothers' internalization of the patriarchal image of what a woman should be.