Thursday, July 12, 2007

Live Blogging the Birth--Not!

So, I am in the hospital dear readers. I have been admitted and the induction has begun. First I have been given Prepidil to get things underway and tomorrow morning I get some Pitocin to jump start contractions. My blood pressure was simply too high for the docs to feel comfortable to let me go home. So, here I sit in my hospital room with my laptop and wireless--the perfect pre-labor situation for this feminista.

While it might be the coolest thing ever to live blog a birth, I am guessing that won't be a top priority once the contractions start (especially judging from the moans I am hearing on the ward!). In any case, tomorrow--Friday the 13th!--my daughter should appear. I will most likely have Za deliver the official announcement.

In the meantime, feel free to say hi. I am pretty bored here in my little hospital room.