Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My First Memes: Blog Lineage and Random Fatigue Meme

Scott at Lawyers, Guns and Money has alerted me to two different memes. I thought, since I am sick again with death cold, I will answer the memes rather than come up with my own clever entry.

Meme #1 from Pharyngula:

1. your blogfather, or blogmother, as the case may be. Just one please - the one blog that, more than any other, inspired you to start blogging. Please don’t name Instapundit, unless you are on his blogchildren list.

Bitch Ph.D.

2. Include your blog-birth-month, the month that you started blogging, if you can.

May 2005 (I am a toddler in the blogworld).


3. If you are reasonably certain that you have spawned any blog-children, mention them, too.

Moderate Guy. I think he was not so inspired by my blog, but by the idea of blogging which I introduced to him over beers.

***

Meme #2 is from Pandagon, entitled the "Random fatigue meme":

1. Of all the books that you have eventually finished after many starts & stops, which one took you the longest and how long did it eventually take?


My Life as a Man, Philip Roth, 1 month

2. What great band (or album or song) have you heard so often, you wouldn?t mind never hearing again even though you still think the band (or album or song) is great?

Creep, Radiohead

3. Which cliché or often cited quote needs to be placed in quarantine for a few decades?

It's all relative!

4. During the 1990s "Compassion Fatigue" received a lot of press, now the media is giddy with "Donation Fatigue". What will be the next trendy fatigue?

Bush Fatigue

5. What percentage of respondents will answer "meme fatigue" to question #4?

15% How did I come up with that answer? Who knows? Totally random.