Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What You Don't Know About Me, Yet Meme

IsThatLatin at Goldbricker tagged me for a new meme and well, since my brain is mush today, I will give it a go.

First we have the rules:

  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

8 Random Facts or Habits about Aspazia.

1. During the height of my morning sickness, where most food elicited high nausea, I craved--of all things--Garlic Bread. Go figure! I couldn't get enough of it, though you think it would've made everything worse.

2. I check the account balance of my bank accounts at least 3 times a day. I also spend as much time looking at my credit card sites, mortgage site, TIAA-CREF account and other investments.

3. I absolutely cannot sleep at night if I don't have a breathe right strip and a glass of water. I have a collapsed sinus and a deviated septum, so without these tools, Aspazia will simply not sleep. (I did finally kick my Ambien habit a year ago!)

4. I always have about 4 knitting projects going at one time. If I find myself nearing the end of one of those projects, as in the case of a sweater I made for ZA, I immediately have to buy yarn for a new project.

5. I hate--absolutely hate--talking on the phone. I find it hard to establish a rhythm wherein you aren't talking over the other person. I hate having to solicit information in this medium as well, since I am far more articulate in person or in writing.

6. I have never become a fan of any musical group. That is, I have never followed a band, had to own all their albums and live performances and what not. And, what makes it worse is that I am pretty sure that I have no finger on the pulse of the current music scene (as evidenced by my lack of hipness in comparison to the younger, hip feminist blogs out there).

7. I have been known to tune out while my students are making some interesting remarks in class. I have the reverse Charlie Brown experience. While the teacher is incomprehensible to him, my students become so for me. I have to quickly fake it when this happens so as not to disappoint the poor student who just contributed.

8. I have never gotten a course syllabus done before 10 am the very first day of class. NEVER!

Now, I must tag several other blogs, here goes:

Hattie's Web
Arbitrary Marks
Geeky Mom
Gone Public
Hecate
Mostly Academic
Only in America
Oxymoronic Philosopher

Get to it folks!