Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sharp Knives and Klutzy Girls

Sorry for the lack of posts. I was working on my manuscript since I have so little time left before the end of my sabbatical. And, then, last night, I cut my finger deeply with my new Wusthof paring knife. My mom convinced me to buy these fancy knives last Wednesday, and so I invited people over for dinner last night. I was going to make a bunch of paninis with my new panini grill (x-mas gift). Anyway, while cutting the Muenster cheese with my uber sharp Wusthof, I sliced right into my index finger and was bleeding profusely for 2 hours before admitting that I had to go to the E.R. room. I kept thinking it would stop. And, I had guests over.

But, the bleeding didn't stop and so Za had to drive me to the E.R. room on a friday night, hence we waited for hours to get in. I felt like a Desperate Housewife, sitting there with my bleeding index finger, dressed in pink and surrounded by people with serious health issues. It was ridiculous. We got back home at midnight, and my adorable guests had stayed to see how it turned out. I was so exhausted and the novacaine was wearing off that I fell asleep almost immediately.

When I woke up, I realized typing was basically a nightmare. So, I am not sure how regularly I will be able to post until the stitches are out (I got 4!).

So, feel free to browse the archives . . .