Friday, November 11, 2005

Pat Robertson Speaks to God

God is pissed at the Dover Area School Board (in York County, PA--a detail Fox News does not include--too bad since it widens the swath of evil doers).

I particularly like the headline of the Fox News story: "God May Smite Down Town That Voted Out Anti-Evolution School Board."

What a precious gift Roberston has: being able to talk to God. I have found God silent on most questions I pitch to him. I am just the lowly sort of human being who has to try and find some meaningful sign or explanation for when bad things happen, like the earthquake in Pakistan, or the riots in France, or Katrina, Rita and Wilma. I often find it rather mysterious why these things happen.

But, I am glad to hear that God is finally going to exercise his omnipotence and his wholly good nature and smite down those heathens in York County. I have known for a long time that God is omniscient, omnipotent, and wholly good, but I have always been baffled by his seeming non-intervention in our lives when evil is among us.

But, finally, he will act this time. He will set aright what humans have made wrong. He will punish the wicked.

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just rejected him from your city," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club."