Tuesday, November 22, 2005

More Reasons to Give Thanks

I absolutely love Antheia's idea to list off what the simple (or not so simple) things we give thanks for this season. Some of the things on my list will be quite similar to Antheia's.

Tenure
Cuties (Tofutti Ice Cream Sandwiches)
Lavendar Candles
Potato and Leek Soup
Fall Colors on the East Coast
Ambien
Marty (my beagle)
In the Mood for Love (Wong Kar-Wai)
Meyer's Aromatherapy Cleaning Supplies
Hot Stone Massage
Facials with Carole Franck products
My G4 Mac (although it is dying a slow death)
A student's smile when he/she finally gets an A from me
This blog and my co-bloggers
Fire Pits and Sm'ores
The "Talk of the Town" section of the New Yorker
Knitting
Sleeping in
Good Sales at Anthropologie
My IPod
Watching bad, bad TV (we're talking the E special on the Hilton Sisters) at my friend's house
Chocolate Martinis
Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line"
Beers with Uncle Ben
Panera's Cuban Black Bean Soup
Cafes with free Wireless
Cashmere Cable Knit Sweaters
Red Envelope catalogue
Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert
Whole Foods
Shenandoah Valley, CA
Eric's Restaurant in Noe Valley
Slumber parties with my girlfriends (including lots of Appletinis)
Golfing while Barefoot
Small Towns
Dinner Parties on Wrap-Around Porches
Surprise Dates at French Restaurants
Northern California Beaches
Telegraph Ave in Berkeley
Mt. Tamalpais
Muir Woods
Jeanette Winterson novels
Good Teaching Days
Students who Keep in Touch
Community Theater
Snow Days