Monday, July 03, 2006

Fun Little Email Meme

I broke my hiatus only to post the answers I typed to this meme my mom sent me via email. It is sort of fun to fill out and have others mail back their answers. I should be doing work today, but I am so susceptible to distractions when it is sort of a holiday. Here goes:

1. FIRST NAME? Aspazia. But lots of folks call me 'Spaz here.

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, cuz it's a pseudonym. (But, it is a purposeful misspelling of a famous Greek courtesan). I don't think my real name is a namesake.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Two nights ago watching Hitch. I have no explanation for why I do this during sappy movies or TV commercials. It is so embarrassing. I have a hard time crying about anything in my life, but put on Oprah and here come the water works.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Only when I am using certain pens. In fact, my handwriting looks best when I am using those crappy pens you get from motels/hotels. Otherwise, my handwriting is totally illegible. I have spent too much time typing to rescue it.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Either roasted Turkey or a chicken breast (preferably marinated in something fabulous!)

6. KIDS? Not yet. I have a very cute beagle named "Marty" who fools you with his sweet face (cuz he is really the Devil). But, he snuggles up with me on the couch.

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Hell yeah! I am very easy to hang out with (although highly organized people get frustrated with me). I am funny, love to entertain, and a great shoulder to lean on. I also am pretty darn spontaneous, which appeals to me, but perhaps not others?

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I start and stop journals all the time. I use them to get through a crisis or anxious time. When I start to feel better I don't write so much. My journal then becomes a repository for all my notes for things to write professionally.

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Um, yeah? I have no other means for coping with lame ass students sneaking into class late or trying to convince me to give them another day for their already late, late paper.

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No (thanks to my parents who couldn't stand my snoring!)

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I doubt it. But, you never know with me. In the right context I could probably be cajoled to do it!

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Anything with lots of nuts, flakes, and fruit. (I'm from California, what do you want from me?)

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I can't think of a single pair of shoes I have with laces. I used to have running shoes, but gave up running for Yoga, which I can do barefoot!


14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically or emotionally? I am in decent shape physically from doing hours and hours of yoga. However, I have lower back problems (disk surgery and hence some arthritis). Za (my significant other) can usually handle what I can't move if I look pathetic. Emotionally, I would say I am pretty strong. I am much better handling other peoples' crisis than my own, but I am working on that. In the end, I get my shit together.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream from Baskin and Robbins.

16. SHOE SIZE? 10

17. RED OR PINK? Pink. Despite my fierce feminista ways, I love, love anything Pink. It is such a happy and playful color.

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My high anxiety levels before I have to make a presentation and my ridiculous case of procrastination. I write almost everyday, but never the things I should be writing. Go figure.

19. WHAT DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Living in Boston in the early 1990s when you could afford rent, life in Rome, and big family gatherings.

20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Absolutely!

21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? No pants. I am wearing a tan linen skirt that I just bought on sale at Banana Republic and cheap Long's drugs flip flops.

22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Cereal and yogurt.

23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The whirling of blenders preparing ice lattes for customers in the café I am working in.

24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Lavender.

25. FAVORITE SMELL? See # 24

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE
PHONE? USSA Home Owner's Insurance Agency (trying to get some reimbursement for the flood damage).

27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes, smile, easy going spirit, and humor.

28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Of course, my mommy sent it to me. I love my mommy.

29. FAVORITE DRINK? A full glass of fruity red wine (Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier or Old Vine Zinfandel).

30. FAVORITE SPORT? Soccer (Football for non-Americans). The only sport I truly enjoyed playing before it destroyed my knee.

31. EYE COLOR? Hazel.

32. HAT SIZE? I have no idea?

33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes. But I get sick of wearing them all the time.

34. FAVORITE FOOD? French cuisine!

35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy endings--I need some balance to my often unhappy ending life.

36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? Kinky Boots. (So cute!)

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White.

38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. Duh! I don't have to teach.

39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.

40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Rich, flourless, chocolate cake where the inside oozes out.

41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No clue (depends on who is avoiding work as much as I am).

42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Za and my brother.

43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Gideon's Trumpet.

44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Painting of the Louvre (a gift from my brother).

45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Nothing.

47. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.

48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Egypt (like my mom).

49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Being there for my distressed friends. Ok, and teaching.

50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? August 15, 1970 in Frankfurt, Germany.

51. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? My mom.