Friday, May 09, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt

I've been memed by SteveG! So soon after my reemergence into the blogosphere!

Here are the rules:

Post a picture or make/take/create your own that captures what YOU are most passionate for students to learn about.

Give your picture a short title.

Title your blog post "Meme: Passion Quilt."

Link back to this blog entry.



The caption for my image is embedded in the image: "I Came to Live Out Loud." Years ago, when I was first year graduate student, I bought a card from a hip store that had a quotation from Emile Zola: "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud." I had that card posted about my computer all through graduate school and now it lives on my bulletin board in my office.

The phrase is more important to me than the image, frankly. I am passionate about inspiring my students to become the most interesting, engaged, and brave students possible. I want them to see the amazing opportunities that life offers and to seize them. I want them to live boldly so that they inspire others to do the same.

Now to tag some others:

Dead Dad
dr
The History Enthusiast
Scott
Maynard
lesboprof