Dead Dad honored me with a 'Thinking Blogger Award' on yesterday. I am quite honored to be included in his list of bloggers deserving such an award, especially since we have both just found each others' blogs. In any case, one of the responsibilities of being 'tagged' by this award meme is you need to name 5 other bloggers that make me think. Here are the rules from Another Damn Medievalist:
The participation rules are simple:So with no further ado, I will name my 5 picks in no particular order:
- If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
- Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
- Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
1. Philosopher's Playground: SteveG's blog covers (as he often says to his students) anything from Auto Mechanics to Quantum Mechanics. Not only is Steve a genius, but he is wit and therefore a real pleasure to read. Today he is even musing on the nature of Love.
2. Only in America: Jonah Walters is one hell of a writer and cultural critic and he is only 13! Jonah covers music, film and politics with a sophistication that I have yet to see among most of my college students.
3. Subversive Christianity: No doubt wanting to finally challenge the hegemony of the lunatic religious right, A Deacon, By the Grace of God is a new blogger promising to "explore and celebrate the truly radical nature of Christianity." The writing is superb on topics of social justice, the war in Iraq, the nature of faith, and self-absorbed piety.
4. Thinking Girl: Here's a blogger after my own heart (although she is far more technically savvy with the blog thing). She writes on both Philosophy and Feminism. Does that sound just a bit too narcissistic of me. Seriously, though, she intertwines thoughtful reflections on her life and with feminist analyses of cultural issues.
5. Goldbricker: This is one of the first blogs I ever read and boy is it good. In fact, Kriscinda simply does not get enough attention for her fine blogging talents. At present she is on a tear against the same religious right lunatic fringe that Subversive Christianity is combatting as well, albeit Kriscinda is a committed Atheist.